0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Skurel has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello!
« on: September 24, 2008, 11:51:34 AM »
I just got back to UO after a long hiatus. I recently achieved a degree in Comp. Sci. so I'm pretty interested in learning some scripting to help me out with a game that I loved playing years ago. I've already modified some scripts at the WinUO and EasyUO sites to fit my particular needs, but I'm still looking for more help and information on scripting so I can try to contribute to the community.

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +2715
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Hello!
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 12:11:50 PM »
Well welcome to the site.  Give ScriptUO a whirl when you are debugging, it can be very helpful and the editor is much more suited to actually being useful.  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline SkurelTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Skurel has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 04:38:18 PM »
ScriptUO is great so far. I haven't poked around with it too much but I am very impressed with it.

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 05:14:04 PM »
ScriptUO is great so far. I haven't poked around with it too much but I am very impressed with it.

Ah, only to be able to run scripts with it.  I'm getting there, lots yet to do.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Khameleon

• Script Tester - Team Leader
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!Khameleon is a rising star!
  • Respect: +397
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 07:24:06 PM »
I still haven't figured out how to run the debugger ;/
do I open a script in easuo and open scriptuo? and follow the debugger in Scriptuo?

Offline TrailMyx

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 07:30:15 PM »
I still haven't figured out how to run the debugger ;/
do I open a script in easuo and open scriptuo? and follow the debugger in Scriptuo?

The syntax checker is only in ScriptUO.  It's not a debugger.  However, once ScriptUO can run scripts and interface to the client, it will have full debugger capabilities.  There are beginnings in ScriptUO for the debugger, breakpoints are there and you can actually kinda use them in the Elite version.  Still no client interaction, though.
Come play RIFT with me!

Tags: