Author Topic: What happens to Medusa damage if she's disarmed?  (Read 7827 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +161
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
What happens to Medusa damage if she's disarmed?
« on: February 27, 2010, 10:51:22 PM »
Ok -

Granted, I brought the wrong pet combination tonight, but I was infuriated that I got booted out of Medusa's Lair before I could kill her.  I know that she's purposely annoying for people with pets, but I've about had it with the constant Mortal Strike/Deadly Poison combos that prevent you from healing them.

How much melee damage does she do if she's disarmed?  If I could stop those $%^&ing mortal strikes, this would be a cake walk.

And, note to self:  Bring the GDrag on the STEALTHER, dumbass, not the hyper MR tamer/mage healer.

>:(

Offline Hoby

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 14
  • Hoby barely matters.Hoby barely matters.
  • Respect: +79
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: What happens to Medusa damage if she's disarmed?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 12:03:41 AM »
if I remember correctly from other posts it was something like "DO NOT DISARM HER!!"   But I may be thinking of another boss. 
I like you, your death shall be quick and painless!!
I may have alzheimers, but at least I don't have alzheimers.
Walruses are like vampires, only awesome
Pwned-The total domination or shut down of a person or thing. 
I believe a hangover is gods way of saying you kicked ass last night!
Life's to short to remove usb safely.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 12:05:11 AM »
Yeah - that post refers to her.   I'm just not sure it hurts you if your weapon is a GDrag and a Cu...

:)

Offline Coragin

• Wacko in Pajama's
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...Coragin might someday be someone...
  • It Is What It Is.
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 12:16:04 AM »
Just make a whammy!  Solo all the peerless!  :p
Coragin

My Facebook
And now I'm better at doing what ever it is Wolverine does!

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2010, 06:37:03 AM »
her wrestling is like 130+ or so, way higher than her archery.
she will do monster damage
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2010, 08:34:03 AM »
To my SAMPIRE At 70 Resists ON A SWAMPY, She punches for about 70 Damage, at a swing rate of 1.25 And still dp's/mortals SO GOod Luck
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2010, 01:55:32 PM »

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +43
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2010, 01:57:03 PM »
don't disarm and melee
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2010, 03:12:43 PM »
Copy - thanks.

If anyone wants to start farming Medusas, either on the Home shard or mine and Ultima's first shard, PM me!

:)

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +123
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2010, 03:28:28 PM »
I have a key gathering script that could use some love, but has some sweet basics to it. Utilizes a stealthing toon who just walks around putting snakes in holes.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Blondie

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Blondie has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2010, 04:48:20 AM »
This may be too late if you already got your answers to your questions but if not, then I have found Medusa is very easily done solo with a sampy. I use a bladed staff for armor ignore. I armor ignore her till my mana gets too low then I switch to lightning strike.

Absolutely DO NOT disarm her. I made this misstake when using a guardian axe and barely made it out.
If you don't know this already Medusa can be skinned for scales while you are fighting her. Her scales are used to make gargon lenses which prevent her from turning you to stone and making doubles of your character. (you also get her scales after she dies but these don't work as well).
In order to make the lenses you will also need the crystals farmed from the first demon room of Prism of Light (the white crystals with the timers). With a alchemist (use a good tali) you turn the crystals into crstal dust (first page of the alchy menu, last option) It takes 4 crystals to make one dust. Once you have all the dust you want to make you will need to jump on your tinkerer. You will need three crystal dust and 2 Medusa scales to make one gargon lense. The lenses will have different amounts of charges on them (somewhere between 28-35)
The lenses can be applied to your headpiece, gorget/mempo, earrings, and shield if you carry one. I always use one lense for each one of those armor pieces so if it misses on one it will hit on the other.

Hope this helps!

Tags: