Author Topic: Rend the Real Boss of the Labyrinth (Warrior Challenge)!  (Read 5608 times)

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
Rend the Real Boss of the Labyrinth (Warrior Challenge)!
« on: July 23, 2010, 12:01:41 PM »
+1
Rend the Real Boss of the Labyrinth!

Rend is definitely the Boss of the Labyrinth even though Meraktus and the Tormented Minotaurs like to think they are I have no doubt that Rend would hand Meraktus her head.

With the recent changes coming to Treasure Maps I've been spending more time down one of my favorite places in UO... the Labyrinth. I've been farming Miasma for the Paragon Chests (containing Level 6 Maps).

Rend must have caught wind that players were farming Miasma because the other day upon entering the Labyrinth Rend was guarding the entrance. Being the stubborn sampire that I am I decided to get him out of my way...unfortunately for me Rend had other plans.

I went after rend with approximately 110 Swords, 110 Bushido and 115 Anatomy and no Parry, which ended up being a big mistake. I thought I would fair much better than I did but Rend utterly destroyed me. Huge hits taking over Ĺ my health bar. I must have died at least 8 times before giving into to Rendís Prowess. I went at him with a Daisho Reptile Slayer, which was a mistake because Rend is vulnerable to Dragon Slayer, which is more of a damage bonus.

It took me about 3 days to get my skills up to the 118ís along with 120 Parry. I dropped the Anatomy and stoned Parry back on. I also enlisted the help of a newly crafted 90% Poison Dragon Slayer radiant Scimitar. The only drawback to the Radiant Scimitar was that it had some Physical Resist on it and I would liked to have put on some HLL on it. It was the highest Poison Weapon I had and Rend delivers 100% Physical damage so I decided to give it a go.

I have killed Rend with solo with my spell weaver via Natureís Fury. I have killed him bringing a discorder along to weaken him. You can also kill him a lot easier by jousting and healing. But the challenge and fun in this for a sampire is showing Rend who is boss of the Labyrinth by standing toe to toe with himÖmano y mano. Itís a great challenge for those who really want to test their sampire templates. Rend ranks right up there in the top 10 as far as challenges for a sampire. Rend is physically stronger than Rikktor.

What was interesting to me is what a huge difference there is between floating around at 110 with no parry compared to having 120 Parry with close to 120 Swords, Bushido, and tactics. Rend tossed me around like a rag doll with 110ís and no parry.

Thereís still a good chance Rend might drop you even if you do everything right. A few unlucky rolls or misses and you could be seeing monochrome. I chose the one handed so I could use potions and I used a good amount. When Rend starts slapping you around your stamina drops to virtually nothing so be sure you have some SSI or bring a lot of Refresh potions. Iíve fought him 4 times in the last day or so. Two out of the 4 times I killed him without dyingÖthe other 2 times he dropped me once. Lots of Counter Strike and LS. Those are the two I would alternate between along with Confidence and healing potions when he started landing his big shots.

Iíll post my gear below although which gives a good indication of what direction I went. The suit has some room for improvement on a few pieces. Some mods I would might consider consolidating and adding  possibly to other pieces. I just never got around to it because Iím mainly on Europa for trade. So the pieces although good were pieced together from leftovers I had on my homes hard that I was no longer using.  

« Last Edit: July 23, 2010, 12:03:50 PM by Ultima »

Scrripty

Re: Rend the Real Boss of the Labyrinth (Warrior Challenge)!
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 12:19:26 PM »
+1
There's a very easy way to kill higher end monsters like that.  Rend isn't so touch if you use Feint.  As long as you can keep the mana up and do it nonstop, he's a piece of cake.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2010, 12:22:54 PM »
+1
Feint and Evasion are very powerful tools. Combine with Lightning Strike, EoO, Perfection and Slayer and you are doing some serious damage, while not taking much in return.

*BTW, that pic gives me vertigo.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Rheeanna

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Rheeanna has no influence.
  • It's all good
  • Respect: +6
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 12:27:24 PM »
+1
i've fallen and i can't get up (on the pics LOL)

Bard/spellweaving kill rend?     I usually use my bard and a slayer lute on the black scorp

it still risky with a bard though, because she fails, i'm thinking the bug spell on the spellweaver? along with some evs?   

Rend, i haven't killed yet.   I can peace it but I fail alot and we know what that means when your squishy

Tags: