Author Topic: What is a viable Necromancer template?  (Read 14069 times)

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
What is a viable Necromancer template?
« on: August 06, 2010, 10:15:56 AM »
What is a viable Necromancer template that can spawn and defend itself from the oddball in PvP and possible kill him.

A friend of mine is asking for advice and since I haven't played a Necromaner other than a Peace Necromancer I'm need to solicit some adive as to not steer my friend in the wrong direction.

What changes or adjustments would you suggest for someone currently running this template?

100 Anatomy,
120 Evaluate Intelligence
55 Focus
120 Magery
120 Meditation
105 Necormancy
100 Spirit Speak

Also what gear would you suggest for running such a template?

Note this account hasn't upgraded to SA if that makes a difference in suggesting items to use.

Offline Wilk

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Wilk has no influence.
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Re: What is a viable Necromancer template?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 11:59:51 AM »
Standard necro mage is:

120 mage
120 eval
120 resist
120 ss
105 necro (minimum)
120 med

That's a very "general" necro setup.

He can get away with 115's on mage/eval/resist vs a lot of pvper's (120's cost a lot).

Lower meditation is fine also.

If he wants to go 120/120 necro/ss, that'd be a plus and it's cheap for those scrolls. The 120 necro allows him to succeed more when he casts a revenant on an annoying smoke bomber.

He'd use a 1 handed sc mage -20 weapon with 15 dci. Options are either crystalline ring (expensive) or a custom made +15 mage fcr3 ring + a treatise of alchemy. If he doesn't have inquisitor's to go with a crystalline ring, or doesn't want fcr3 on his custom ring he can always use a navrey night eyes.

He could also just imbue (2) 1/3 jewels. The examples up top were figuring in an ornament of the magician.

Offline Adenocard

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Adenocard has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 09:59:25 AM »
Here is my spawner template. I have multiple ones across shards

Mage
Eval
Necro
SS
Focus
Mystic

Rest in Med until you 120 these out. Spell weaving might work very well with this temp

It can defend itself in spawns ok. Its not a PvP temp but does good in group fights.

Spawning is amazing with this toon. I use Grav Her with slayer books in wraith form for regen of that mana. Pretty much endless mana with the punch of a slayer book. You have tons of options

Offline UltimaTopic starter

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +160
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 10:59:28 AM »
Thanks for the feedback!

It's on my list of things to do. But Still enjoy playing a sampire most of the time. I still have alot on my plate of things to do.

Interesting how for almost the first 10 Years of UO all I did was play a Mage during the UO:R Era now I've converted to a Warrior.

This will make for a good reference should I need it in the future.

I have the character almost built I just don't enjoy playing the template. I get bored after about 30 minutes.

Spellcasting just isn't the same as it was back in the pre-casting Halberd/Katana wielding days. :-[

Offline Adenocard

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Adenocard has no influence.
  • Respect: +18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 12:59:14 PM »
I know what ya mean.

I remember when you had to have a crapload of regs to build a mage. Not only there was not alot of you running around and you were the gater.

That template will do amazing for you in spawns. Doing pretty much anything else like bosses you will be at a DPS disadvantage. On the otherhand though you are worth it if a crosshealer or support role is needed.

Tags: