Author Topic: To whomever thought Luna was safe...  (Read 5825 times)

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +325
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
To whomever thought Luna was safe...
« on: January 17, 2011, 12:48:23 AM »
Dear Generous Benefactor,

I know you thought this sleepy little shard was unpopulated.  I know you were tired and just looking for a quick transfer of goods between characters on the same account.  I am afraid I cannot recommend upstairs Luna as a safe place to drop a bag full of artifacts, however - no matter how fast your ping may be.

Even at 0200 on a Monday morning, this is *my* island.  Mine.

You did have a slight chance.  When I grabbed your bag and ran, my bank was full and my pack was stuffed.  I was very careful to set the bag down just outside the city gates so it wouldn't rubber band before completing the cross-country run to my Malas house.

Rest assured, I will give them a shiny new home.

:D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 12:56:50 AM by NObama »

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +390
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
Re: To whomever thought Luna was safe...
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 03:36:26 AM »
lol

Offline SunTigress

• TopTwo's Woman
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 9
  • SunTigress has no influence.
  • Respect: +81
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 06:44:31 AM »
:D
If at first you don't succeed, try try again. Then give up. There is no use in making a fool of yourself.

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.6%
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +655
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 07:15:45 AM »
hehehehehehe

Offline manwinc

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 32
  • manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!manwinc is a rising star!
  • "The Devs Hard at Work"
  • Respect: +272
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 07:51:00 AM »
Oh you DEVIL you lol.
Monkeys and Typewriters!

" Oh I know, We'll make a Boss Encounter that requires 3 keys per player to enter, Then we'll make it not a closed instance so you never know if you are going to pop into a fresh room or a boss that has 1% Health left with 20 dudes smashing its face in, wasting your time and effort"

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2011, 08:14:08 AM »
Nice haul. I would have done the same thing :) Make us a list of what all you got :)

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +3089
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2011, 08:22:45 AM »
One reason I like Alexandria.  You can link your accounts together and they all have access to a shared "vault".  That would foil your evil plans, NB.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Ultima

• Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.Ultima is on the verge of being accepted.
  • Respect: +316
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2011, 08:39:07 AM »
Give me back my stuff dammit! >:(

Offline OMGBurgers

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • OMGBurgers has no influence.
  • Respect: +83
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2011, 08:43:35 AM »
hah i did this once with a moron throwing a TON of special leather on the ground instead of deeding it.

The best was he kept doing it...  lol.

Offline NObamaTopic starter

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +325
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2011, 09:11:43 AM »
It's really not *that* great, but man it made my night:

Ornate Crown of the Harrower
Leurocian's Mempo
Leggings of Bane
Voice of the Fallen King
Melisande's Hatchet

...and a whole mess (50+) of runic-crafted weapons that will unravel into Relics.

I was really disappointed because there was a bag of katanas I *thought* were all Defilers, but turned out to be runic crafted from shadow iron.

Still - fun!

;)

Offline MeWonUo

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • MeWonUo barely matters.MeWonUo barely matters.
  • Respect: +189
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2011, 11:01:59 AM »
Hah!  Nice haul all the same.  I sure love it when people don't think things through.

I've always got a stealther around the bank and sometimes you can find some interesting things laying around luna from people doing the whole drop to another account stupidity.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2011, 11:28:43 AM »
I can say I fall under that category. Back in the day when you could drop a house and then place another as fast as the first fell.  I was way off in the farterest reaches of UO you can get where no one travels.  Here I am the house behind me fell a few weeks back and left me room for a larger house. So I decide at about 2 am in the morning no one is around. I will drop my first house then place my new larger home and then move all the goods inside the house. I am half way through moving the goods into the new house and here comes 2 red pk's on horse back and no where for me to go because of having to move the items 2 step and drop them and pick them up again and drop and so on and so on. Well I have millions in items still in the grass. This was back in around 2002 maybe 2003. I had everything I owned which was some nice stuff including around 5k in colored BODS. They Ebolted me till i became a ghost and then killed me some more including the healer that was near by. I lost the items and most of the ones that where in my new plot had not been locked down yet. Aftert they finally left with all my belongings I ressed and sick at my stomach from watching everything walk away. I walked back in my house looked at teh little I had managed to save and locked it down. Got on EA web site and canceled both my accounts and did not come back for 3 years maybe it was 4. When I did come back my luna house was gone also and everything I had was gone now except what I had in the bank.  Just the kind of stupid things that can change you game play in less than 60 SECONDS !!

Offline Tarpan

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Tarpan has no influence.
  • Respect: +19
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 12:42:15 PM »
Nice to have an alternate perspective of the situation.  :-X Still, congrats on the score - how many people won't have done the same in your position? - and hopefully the silly person using Luna bank to transfer things won't be toooo put out by the loss.

Offline Adenocard

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Adenocard has no influence.
  • Respect: +32
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 08:19:47 PM »
Funny Stuff there! ;D

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.
  • Respect: +85
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 09:03:29 PM »
You could just pk people in luna.  It's really not even that hard right now.

Tags: