Author Topic: Posts deleting  (Read 2360 times)

Offline NadoedaloTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Nadoedalo has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Posts deleting
« on: October 07, 2011, 06:02:56 AM »
I had a script that was a bit like donate-o-matic, my script worked faster, but a bit unsafe(d-o-m script has a lot of checks, and most of them waste more time than running the script from the beginning)
And I have posted my script in the donate-o-matic, like an alternative for his script, and yes, my post were criticized(like do your own script, with blackjack and sluts).
And now I don't have my scripts on hard drive, and I have come here in order to find my pieces of scripts, and founded only one basic script...
SO who has deleted my script? And can I recover it back? I remember the algorithm, but it will be better to copy-paste it back(even if it is in beta version).

It's a pity that some informative posts are deleted...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 06:05:23 AM by Nadoedalo »

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Posts deleting
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2011, 06:15:56 AM »
So you plan on storing your scripts on our site as your backup?

Wasn't that a freeshard donation script that didn't work?
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2011, 06:24:58 AM »
So you plan on storing your scripts on our site as your backup?
Sure, why not? Because of doing so I share my scripts and have a backup =)
Wasn't that a freeshard donation script that didn't work?
That was a freeshard donation script, but it was totally working. Just because it had simple setup -> 2 runebooks(storage and donation point), where to find items to donate(this part in latest version was integrated to my first posted script - crafting), amount to drag and the position of the first toggle arrow and next page(this part was working MUCH faster than d-o-m, and pretty amount of the speed was achived here. But if the world will save - the clicks will continue, and the gump won't respond, so it will return to the starting point with full backpack).

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2011, 06:35:14 AM »
I'm not the one responsible for removing the script and posts. I've looked and seen the posts, but not the script. I'll check further.

We don't "officially" support free shards here. If you have a script that is specific to free shards then you can post it, but don't expect much help in error solving.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2011, 06:40:50 AM »
I'm not the one responsible for removing the script and posts. I've looked and seen the posts, but not the script. I'll check further.

We don't "officially" support free shards here. If you have a script that is specific to free shards then you can post it, but don't expect much help in error solving.
Would the Code discussing not be tagged as Script Talking? I play Freeshard only ,too and think when people Post here for Freeshards they should provide a Osi-Model, too.
In the End some of us dont have any OSI-Accounts, so when its a Freeshardscript what needet to work on OSI, we are entrusted in your Osi-Play Guys.

Atleast to the Topic Holder:
I think there will be never a guarantee all Posts(and no matter if Code or just Talk) will be saved forever.When u think you made a very good script, take this as competition and make a stronger and faster one.

Kind Regards Crome

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2011, 06:43:37 AM »
The original Donate-o-Matic was relocated during a recent clean up. It is now located HERE, found during a simple search.

Please note that the original author has made this very clear:

**Not supported for free shard... I don't play and won't be visiting them to figure it out- Sorry**

Since all of your posts were asking for assistance regarding a free shard, your posts were removed.

• Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2011, 07:13:08 AM »
Thanks for support.
I play on a freeshard not only because it is free, but mostly because I have 10-20 ping to this server. And the nearest OSI server will be 150+ away from me.
But my scripts often are simple to fix and ajust.
I think there will be never a guarantee all Posts(and no matter if Code or just Talk) will be saved forever.When u think you made a very good script, take this as competition and make a stronger and faster one.
Nothing last forever =)
I'm also trying to find my old scripts in order to remember the syntax of the easyUO code and basic examples of how to do things. Just because it is easier to look through your script and remember all, than to explore the bicycle.
And the scripts on my hard drive had a lot more functions, usually I post some working beta-version with just functional and describe what can be done in order to improve it. Usually improved version stays only for my purposes(just because I don't want competitors)
I think that better is to share the points of development, problems, solutions and features than to provide the full code and example of how to use(but still I'm providing some usefull examples).
PS 100% works for me "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard."
The original Donate-o-Matic was relocated during a recent clean up. It is now located HERE, found during a simple search.

Please note that the original author has made this very clear:

**Not supported for free shard... I don't play and won't be visiting them to figure it out- Sorry**

Since all of your posts were asking for assistance regarding a free shard, your posts were removed.
I have found that topic and looked through it. And only because I remember that I was posting there I have started this topic.
But I clearly remember that I have developed faster script just because that one was too slow, and maybe because of the aggressive behavior of other participants I haven't posted it(but I remember that I have mentioned the features. Maybe because of the scheme example->features I thought that there may be my script).

Anyway thanks for being worried and for the fast respond.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 07:16:55 AM by Nadoedalo »

Tags: