Author Topic: Hello All!!!!!  (Read 2375 times)

Offline BBearTopic starter

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • BBear has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
Hello All!!!!!
« on: February 08, 2012, 06:18:29 PM »
Thirteen years ago I received a present for my birthday from my brother.   I am sure this goes without saying, it was Ultima Online.  I have to say that there are not many presents I still enjoy after 13 years.  I still remember three things about the first month I played.  The first thing was when I killed my first RED.  I was so excited.  I called my brother on the phone and told him all about it.  He didn't believe me.  Here I am playing a couple of weeks and I have my first kill.   I met my brother in game later that week and I took him to the spot where I killed him.  I explained that he attacked me on foot and I managed to kill him with minimal effort.  My brother, laughing, informed me that it was a Red NPC.  The second one was when I got my first horse.  I thought I was some sort of Hero.  I managed to get a horse before my brother and another real life friend that I was playing with.  It later got killed in the orc spawn down at the Yew graveyard.  The third thing was the worst.  His name was MR. Happy.  Yep, I remember him 13 years later.  How pathetic is that?  Anyways, he invited me into his house and I flagged grey (obviously I didn't know that at the time) and he killed me.  That was the day that I found out that I wanted to play this game to PVP.

When I first started playing UO I lived in NY so I started on the Catskills shard.  I played mostly out of Yew.  The first guild I was in was The Keepers of Justice.  We would have organized fights with the Orcs and it was the best.  Later on I joined an Undead guild and did a little role playing.  I eventually moved to Drachenfals and Origin.  I moved to Arizona in 2007 and then moved my characters to west coast shards (Pacific, Sonoma and Napa Valley).  The majority of my charcters are on Sonoma. I have been pretty acitive over the last 13 years.  My longest break was two years ago.  That break was for roughly 6 months. 

I look forward to playing for many more years.  Sure beats watching TV (except football).

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +3089
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
Re: Hello All!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 06:40:21 PM »
lol, funny stuff.  Hope you find the site enjoyable.  No red npc's here to fear.  hehe

My adopted home shard is Sonoma as well.  Lots of people I know of here play Sonoma as well.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline onlyindreams

• Spaz Ferret's Personal Assistant
  • Insane Scripter
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • onlyindreams barely matters.onlyindreams barely matters.
  • Respect: +182
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2012, 12:24:53 AM »
Welcome to the site Bear! Lots of friendly people around. Just watch out for that Solid Snake guy....

Offline Toptwo

• SunTigress's Hero!
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 21
  • Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...Toptwo might someday be someone...
  • Respect: +200
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2012, 04:13:57 AM »
Thanks for the well written intro! Welcome to the site!
The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental.....  If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2012, 04:52:42 AM »
Welcome Bear..about freakin' time!!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    2.6%
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +655
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2012, 07:12:15 AM »
WELCOME!

Offline SolidSnake

• ScriptUO Guild
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • SolidSnake has no influence.
  • Respect: +65
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2012, 07:37:31 AM »
Go easy on him folks..he's a Steelers fan ;)

Offline Crome969

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +559
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2012, 06:36:47 AM »
Hello and Welcome BBear:-)

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +396
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2012, 02:03:12 PM »
Welcome aboard!

Offline Newsman

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • Newsman has no influence.