Author Topic: [UO Herald News] Letter from the Producer  (Read 3417 times)

Offline Spaz FerretTopic starter

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0.6%
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Spaz Ferret has no influence.
  • I LIKE COFFEE!!
  • Respect: +40
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
[UO Herald News] Letter from the Producer
« on: June 26, 2012, 08:00:03 AM »
Letter from the Producer

Hello everyone,
   First off I would like to thank everyone for their kind words to me regarding my promotion.  I am writing this because some of you wanted an official Producer Letter so here goes.  First I would like to address the Exodus Event reward.  The +5 stat scroll will be put in the game as a permanent drop.  This is something that was discussed as a team from the very beginning, so if you did not get one at Exodus or were not able to be at the event, you will  be able to get it later.
  The second part is the future  of UO.  After we finish the holidays, which does take up a lot of time for creation for Halloween, anniversary, vet rewards etc, we are going to step back and do a major bug fixing publish.    Currently we have documented 1173 known bugs in our system,  I want to cut that number in half.    This bug sprint will not happen till the first of the year so  that will give me plenty of time to go over all the bugs in the thread on stratics to make sure we have those documented in our system.
  After the major bug sprint we will continue to put in updates to the dungeons, armor and monsters.  Of course we will be throwing in other tidbits but it wouldn’t be any fun to tell you what they are now. =P
  I hope everyone enjoyed Exodus and with that being said here is a fitting screenshot for the downfall of Exodus!

Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong
Producer Ultima Online

http://www.uoherald.com/node/627

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +658
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: [UO Herald News] Letter from the Producer
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2012, 08:52:03 AM »
Over one thousand known bugs.

How nice.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Offline Masscre

• Gran Master Jester !!
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 55
  • Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!Masscre is leading the good life!
  • Air Guitar Commander !!
  • Respect: +300
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2012, 11:36:15 AM »
We are still safe though as they do not know about 3 of the unknown bugs. :)

Offline NObama

• Everything I need to know, I learned from Miffy's Item Finder.
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
  • Respect: +279
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2012, 02:35:52 PM »
I call BS.  Those +5 stat scrolls better be different from the one I got last night, or I'm going to be sad panda.

Offline dxrom

• Master of the milestones!
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.dxrom is working their way up.
  • KEYBOARD COWBOY, GREAT SAMURAI OF THE INTERNET.
  • Respect: +218
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 04:12:38 PM »
w00! BUg fixes! Last tiem the did this, they created back to back dupes! :D

​_██​_
(ಠ​_ృ)
I do say, ol' Chap! Come play EVE Online! Why here is a 21 Day Free Trial!

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.NObama is a force to reckon with.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 05:01:45 PM »
Oh....that's right!

Offline UOMaddog

• Maddog
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 22
  • UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...UOMaddog might someday be someone...
  • Biggest B@D@$$ of the Universe
  • Respect: +247
  • Referrals: 8
    • View Profile
    • Insane UO
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2012, 05:07:53 PM »
What are these +5 stat scrolls you speak of?
There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don't!

Windows:  A 64-bit tweak of a 32-bit extension to a 16-bit user interface for an 8-bit operating system based on a 4-bit architecture from a 2-bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    1.4%
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +595
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2012, 05:37:21 PM »
The event on each shard on Sat and Sun this last weekend. If you did damage to the boss you got a +5 increase to your overall stat limit scroll.

Offline Xanderyum

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Xanderyum has no influence.
  • Respect: +21
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2012, 06:01:39 PM »
ahem (coughs) hecgh (clears throat) How did those uh back to back ummm Dupes work exactly? You know for posterity?

Offline NObama

• Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 06:53:55 PM »
The event on each shard on Sat and Sun this last weekend. If you did damage to the boss you got a +5 increase to your overall stat limit scroll.

You got a chance at a drop, apparently.  Either that, or a bunch of people who got a scroll were pretending they didn't in order to scam another one off the EM.

Which is very possible, too.

Offline _C2_

• AFK FtW
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 48
  • _C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!_C2_ has great potential!
  • RIP Pen Trick
  • Respect: +377
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2012, 01:45:24 AM »
w00! BUg fixes! Last tiem the did this, they created back to back dupes! :D
That I never know about... Dammit

Tags: