Author Topic: Random thoughts about my pvm script.  (Read 32216 times)

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
Re: Random thoughts about my pvm script.
« Reply #60 on: September 17, 2009, 03:34:07 AM »
I really like the counter. That will provide some very needed info regarding template/weapon.

Of course, as soon as bandages are fixed I go back to curse weapon LOL.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

« Reply #61 on: September 17, 2009, 04:25:54 AM »
I really like the counter. That will provide some very needed info regarding template/weapon.

Of course, as soon as bandages are fixed I go back to curse weapon LOL.

I think Curse is better anyways. :)  That secondary menu is totally seperate and doesn't need to be run.  I'm planning on adding a ton of relevant info.  I have just been working on the main script a lot.  I'll update the menu when I get everything tightened up a little more. :)  As it is now, the debug messages have given me a LOT of info regarding what's going on, and has given me a TON of clues on ways to improve it.  When I add the timing info to the menu, I think I'll find out a lot more too. :)  There's a lot of wierdness with timing.  Hard to get everything just right, especially when you have a lot of things working with timing... and ESPECIALLY when they all need to work together.  Rattles my brain sometimes.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2009, 04:27:33 AM by Scripty »

Scrripty

« Reply #62 on: September 24, 2009, 08:31:10 AM »
Some usability changes.  Menu items that you do NOT have enough skill to use, will now highlight red and not be toggled on by default.  If you check their checkbox, they will give you a message and toggle themselves off.  Just another visual way to tell what the script is doing and help the user decide on options.  I also removed/updated the last of the skill checks that would keep a person from using the script to train any of the options on the menu.  If you can use it, you can train with it now using the script.  It wont be fun, but it will be auto. :)  I disabled Confidence as a default startup option too.  It needs more work before being used 24/7.  It CAN be used tho.  I just disabled it as a startup item.  All consumable options now give a message when you run out, and shut off their checkbox automatically.  Added some realtime updating of timers on the menu.  If you are using skills to train, you should see most of the timers auto adjust as you gain skill.  Anything that I can update without using the property scanning sub updates on the menu in real time.  The property scanning sub is just too slow to update in real time.  That would be nice to scan your items/armor and such in real time, but it's just not gonna happen.  Maybe a rescan option for changing out suits/weapons/jewels?  There's a thought.  I've been training up chars with the script, so I've been modding it to help out people training.  I can only do so much as the script isn't designed to train with though.  First and foremost, it's a high end pvm script.  Oh yea, I've been rearranging the menu some and opened up some more space for more info.  Always a good thing.  I'll get some ore info on the menu soon.  Maybe hpi/spi/mpi?  Real time skill counter for the skills in the script?  Necro/Chiv/Spirit/Bush? Who knows.  Gah I just noticed that Damage Increase needs to be switched for HCI Inc to make the menu items be grouped together right.  Grrrr. :)

« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 08:38:24 AM by Scripty »

Scrripty

« Reply #63 on: September 25, 2009, 06:32:39 PM »
Woot.  Color coded error messages.  Love it.  Notice Recovery: on the UO titlebar... shows the EXACT recovery time before casting a spell. :)  Then the script waits that EXACT amount of time before casting the next spell.  Works VERY well.  I have yet to see a "you must wait to bla blah" since I added it.  I only occasionally see a FCR warning message like in the image.  Finally something worked how I envisioned after putting it in.  Yay. :)  The low mana EOO message just says, it went to cast EOO and there was not enough mana.  The FCR wait error means it had to wait for the FCR time to be up before casting.  Just gives visual info so I know what to look for when debugging script problems.  The curse wep cast time just means the script checked to see if it was time to cast Curse Weapon and it wasn't. :)  I think I might add the actual time left until cast in the timing messages, but that info is on the titlebar too.  That should give people another option, some will like the titlebar, some will like the error messages...

Code: [Select]
; Friday, September 25
; Changed some of the more important warning messages in the script to be colored.
; This will help you to debug the script a little better.  Fixed a text message
; error in the Agility potion sub.  It said Stamina instead of Agility.  Oops. :)
; Considering changing the timer on the timing error messages so they don't display
; as much... Decided to color code all the error messages.  Any warnings about being
; out of an item like bandaids is red, low mana warnings are blue, timer warnings
; are yellow, and faster casting/recovery messages are in red also.  Helps to get a
; really good idea of what's going on with the script visually.  Each sub has it's
; own wording to let you know exactly what's happening at that moment.  Discussed
; adding a suit/item rescan button.  Thanks Rose.  Will add that in next update.
; Will allow you to rescan your suit in case you swap items/armor/weapons.  I wanted
; to scan on the fly, but the sub I'm using is really slow, if someone knows of a
; really fast way to scan a suit for properties, I'd love to hear it. :)

; Thursday, September 24
; Added skill check to casting subs.  Now subs will check that you have the MINIMUM
; required skill to cast a spell before allowing you to toggle it on.  If you toggle
; it on, and DO NOT have enough skill to cast, it will throw out a message telling you,
; then untoggle the menu item.  I've also looked at toggling menu items RED that you
; are BELOW the min required skill level to cast.  Just another visual way to read the
; scripts options.  I also deselected Emergency Confidence as a startup menu option.
; It needs some more work before I add it as a default option.  It DOES work though.

; Monday, September 21
; Added realtime updating some timers on the menu window, EOO, Curse Weapon, Consecrate
; Weapon.  I wont be able to make anything else update in real time, those are about
; the only things I don't update with the property count sub, which takes a little too
; much time to work with.  I'll update all the chiv options to turn off when tithing
; reaches zero also, to keep from spamming those things when you're out.  Also did
; some slight rearranging of things for timing and sub flow.  Changed some of the calls
; in subs to "gosub ls" from "gosub CounterAttack".  The script doesn't need to run
; through the counter attack sub after every fast spell casts...  should cut down on
; some of the script bog downs while casting say Consecrate that casts a lot... might
; change this back tho, as that's what allows evade/curse weapon to cast so on the ball.

; Friday, September 18
; All consumable options now turn themselves off on the menu if you run out of them
; and show a warning on the menu AND on your screen. Make this INDEPENDANT of the debug
; mode on the menu.
; All debug timers adjusted to be more usefull, and less cluttering.  A side result
; of this is missing about 50 percent of the messages... it's just a necessary evil.
; I'm considering adding a counter instead of a message... so they can ALL be counted
; in real time to see how often the debug messages are actually getting triggered...
; Changed a few debug messages to more accurately match what is going on in the sub.
; Added %debugTimerVar so that users could adjust the delay between debug messages.
; Fixed script so the menu options will work without Curse Weapon selected.  Needed to
; do that for a long ass time. :)
; Added 3 second weapon special support for low mana templates.  If you want to use a
; primary or secondary weapon special 24/7, but don't have the mana leech to support
; using double mana weapon specials one after the other, select this and it will wait
; 3 seconds between each use of the primary and secondary weapon special to offset
; the double mana use penalty for using a special twice in 3 seconds.  As always, it
; will lightning strike between uses of the primary and secondary special, and also is
; controlled by the low mana option on the menu and the primary/secondary mana setting
; in the script.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2009, 07:28:36 AM by Scripty »

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 8
  • JustAnotherFace has no influence.
  • My new toy....
  • Respect: +24
  • Referrals: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2009, 06:35:09 PM »
Twinkle McNugget,

This script looks AWSOME!! I would love to help you test it out as soon as EUO is back up and running.  From what I have read in this thread and from the screen shots it looks and sounds like a revolutionary PvM script!

Again, I'd love to help you test it.  Just let me know. 

Thanks,

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Scrripty

« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2009, 06:50:29 PM »
Free version right here bud:

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=2658.msg20131

I've ripped out a lot of the advanced features tho like Feint support, there's no colored error messages, the free version doesn't have faster casting support... the list goes on and on.  No potion support in the free version... no evade... hehe.  I need to add some of that stuff back don't I? :)  I kinda robbed the free version. :)  I'll add more bells and whistles to the free version soon.  Pots for sure.  Maybe evade too. :)  Doesn't account for protection casting time, 3 second special timer for double mana saving, counter attack... Man I need to show the free version some love don't I? :)  You get the second menu tho!  You're really missing out on feint and counter and evade.  Plus the debug messages are a HUGE help in debugging a template.  I've also done a TON of work on spell casting to make it way more stable and reliable.  I'll work on the free version some when I run out of interesting projects on the full version.  Which wont be anytime soon. :)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 06:56:29 PM by Scripty »

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2009, 12:35:27 PM »
Free version right here bud:

http://www.scriptuo.com/index.php?topic=2658.msg20131

I've ripped out a lot of the advanced features tho like Feint support, there's no colored error messages, the free version doesn't have faster casting support... the list goes on and on.  No potion support in the free version... no evade... hehe.  I need to add some of that stuff back don't I? :)  I kinda robbed the free version. :)  I'll add more bells and whistles to the free version soon.  Pots for sure.  Maybe evade too. :)  Doesn't account for protection casting time, 3 second special timer for double mana saving, counter attack... Man I need to show the free version some love don't I? :)  You get the second menu tho!  You're really missing out on feint and counter and evade.  Plus the debug messages are a HUGE help in debugging a template.  I've also done a TON of work on spell casting to make it way more stable and reliable.  I'll work on the free version some when I run out of interesting projects on the full version.  Which wont be anytime soon. :)

Free version? Is that implying the full version must be bought? It's of course your code and you can do what ever you want with it.... but I for one always share all my scripts... at least with fellow scripters if not with the general public.

Just my two cents worth.

JaF
All that tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Scrripty

« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2009, 12:54:57 PM »
I've never sold a script in my life, and most of the scripters on this site do have access to it.  But I'm not releasing a script that would allow people to farm 24/7 to the general public.  If you do that, more power to you.  I don't tho.  I wont ever release something that allows people to have as much gold as they can farm 24/7.  If they want that, they need to do the work.  I'll give them the basic tools to learn tho.  Besides, I thought what I gave away for free was very generous...  Not to mention the help I'm willing to give people for free, on my own time...  Plus documenting the script on the site so users can get a better idea of how the script progressed and maybe give them inspiration to write their own scripts...  Voicing your opinion about it wont change the fact that I wont release the full script to the general public.  If you want it that bad, put in the effort like I did...  I already gave you half of my work for free.

Offline Cerveza

• Hacksimus Maximus
  • Scripthack
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 80
  • Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!Cerveza is awe-inspiring!
  • So... Hows that Hopey-Changey thing working out?
  • Respect: +403
  • Referrals: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2009, 01:14:50 PM »
Free version? Is that implying the full version must be bought? It's of course your code and you can do what ever you want with it.... but I for one always share all my scripts... at least with fellow scripters if not with the general public.

Just my two cents worth.

JaF

I think your confusing Free (no money) with Free (available to everyone). Twinkle McNugget doesn't sell scripts.

Anyone who would like to sell scripts on this site would be giving a swift kick towards the exit with my ban hammer of idiot vanquishing.
XXXXXXXXXX________________________________________] 20%
I've forgotten more about this game then most people will ever know.
Thank you for controlling your children. Their manners reflect your love for them.
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, and you feed yourself. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.

Scrripty

« Reply #69 on: September 28, 2009, 01:24:53 PM »

Just my two cents worth.

JaF

I think your confusing Free (no money) with Free (available to everyone). Twinkle McNugget doesn't sell scripts.

Anyone who would like to sell scripts on this site would be giving a swift kick towards the exit with my ban hammer of idiot vanquishing.

I do need to give a little more with the public version. :)  After comparing the features I'm kind of pissed at myself for not giving the public version more features. heh

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #70 on: September 28, 2009, 01:34:53 PM »

If I don't get to them first!  :)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 28, 2009, 08:52:14 PM »

Just my two cents worth.

JaF

Wow, Didnt mean to cause an uproar.  I was in fact mistaken about his use of the word free.  Free in my mind means you dont have to pay for it. Anything other than free, you do have to pay for. Why not call it the "Lite" version? Or the general public version..... that way idiots like me dont confuse it with thinking there is a better "paid" version.

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

Offline TrailMyx

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.8%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #72 on: September 28, 2009, 09:02:38 PM »
Wow, Didnt mean to cause an uproar. 

Hah, no uproar.  Just sensitive area from the days when we caught others selling scripts found here.  ;)
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

Scrripty

« Reply #73 on: September 28, 2009, 10:06:48 PM »

Just my two cents worth.

JaF

Wow, Didnt mean to cause an uproar.  I was in fact mistaken about his use of the word free.  Free in my mind means you dont have to pay for it. Anything other than free, you do have to pay for. Why not call it the "Lite" version? Or the general public version..... that way idiots like me dont confuse it with thinking there is a better "paid" version.

JaF

Also, if you saw the version I have HERE now, you'd cry foul if I released it.  I'm gonna give Cerveza this version to test, and I guarantee he comes back here and says, "Wow." It's the best version I've had, and probly the best pvm script I've seen now. :)  I say that based on tonights mods I've made.  Wholly hell.  Insanely good.  The casting still needs a little tweaking, but I haven't had a spammout yet.  All the spells are working together.  I only have ONE spell that doesn't have it's level set right.  And when I find it, it will work like a well oiled machine.  :) 
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 10:16:14 PM by Scripty »

Offline JustAnotherFace

• Activity:
    0%
  • My new toy....
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 29, 2009, 11:33:15 AM »
Sounds great! Hopefully some day I will achieve a status where I can see all the elite scripts.

JaF
Thomas Jefferson

Tags: