Author Topic: New idea for a EasyUO-friendly Stealth API  (Read 18998 times)

Offline Crome969

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.Crome969 is on the verge of being accepted.
  • UO Enthusiast
  • Respect: +211
  • Referrals: 10
    • View Profile
    • ScriptSDK
Re: New idea for a EasyUO-friendly Stealth API
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2014, 11:42:03 PM »
Interesting for me :

1) How is the time delay management, as sample you fire "AddToSystemJournal", the last time we tried to manage via stdcalls it was in the 2-3s delay.
2) For your EasyUO friendly api, do you consider allowing structs? Some data in Stealth (Such as Gumps, Properties and such) with massive data maybe a little bit strange to be emulated easyuolike.

Offline TrailMyxTopic starter

• Officially retired from UO
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Reputation Power: 154
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
  • Respect: +1349
  • Referrals: 33
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2014, 08:07:02 AM »
Interesting for me :

1) How is the time delay management, as sample you fire "AddToSystemJournal", the last time we tried to manage via stdcalls it was in the 2-3s delay.
2) For your EasyUO friendly api, do you consider allowing structs? Some data in Stealth (Such as Gumps, Properties and such) with massive data maybe a little bit strange to be emulated easyuolike.

1) Unsure at this point.  That's one of the things I'm trying to untangle right now.
2) Yes, everything that the API presents will be available.  I'm just going to be adding wrapper methods that are familiar to the general EasyUO user.  From there, people can expand their usage to allow for everything the wrapper has to offer.
Please read the ScriptUO site RULES
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!TrailMyx is awe-inspiring!
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 09:15:05 AM »
52.6% written/tested. 

It takes quite a while to get things setup to test individual commands, especially since I haven't really played UO for a while so I'm kinda remembering how to play the game.  Lol.  And there are 163 untested commands left to test. This is another reason to implement a useful subset to the API.  There are 424 commands exposed in the wrapper, so that right there prevents 99% of the noobz out there due to the daunting nature.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline gimlet

• Very Super Secret
  • Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3%
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!gimlet is awe-inspiring!
  • Respect: +274
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 11:41:46 AM »
52.6% written/tested. 

It takes quite a while to get things setup to test individual commands, especially since I haven't really played UO for a while so I'm kinda remembering how to play the game.  Lol.  And there are 163 untested commands left to test. This is another reason to implement a useful subset to the API.  There are 424 commands exposed in the wrapper, so that right there prevents 99% of the noobz out there due to the daunting nature.

nice!

Offline Neo

• Prime Program
  • Elite
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 13
  • Neo barely matters.Neo barely matters.
  • Respect: +155
  • Referrals: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 11:50:30 AM »
I think this is a great idea actually. I had thought about doing something similar in one of my impulses, back in the day, but never got around to it. Another thought I had was to write a lua scripting interface for Stealth which would enable OEUO users to migrate easily as well... It could be done in C++ or C#, but again, I never got around to it heh...

Looking forward to seeing your work man ! Thank you for taking the time to do this for everyone!

Never refuse an invitation.
Never resist the unfamiliar.
Never fail to be polite.
And never outstay your welcome.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 12:34:43 PM »
I have to say NO to Lua unfortunately.  I'm 95% a fan of it, but there are some fundamental issues that prevent me from really liking it.  If Lua adds the goto/label ability as well as loop short circuiting, then I might reconsider.  Heck, with a wrapper, there's no reason why they can't interface to it themselves.  :)

What I'll probably do is stick with C# and wrap the execution into something like ScriptUO as a programming interface.  So you can load C# scripts and execute directly from the ScriptUO.  Much like how UOMachine did things, but hopefully with a more stable client interface.  I want to keep it open to tools like SharpDevelop so that you can do really nice forms if you chose to do so. 

I'm trying to think of ways to cater to the EasyUO crowd and not really the OEUO people.  OEUO people can pick up either python, Delphi, C#, VB much easier then the vast majority of people who use just EasyUO.   It's that short bus that I'm interested in bringing into the fold and perhaps introduce them to a much better language at the same time.

Anyhow, that's alot of dreaming.  Who knows how much stomach I have for anything so far.  Only time will tell.
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
  • Referrals: 2
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2014, 04:45:01 PM »
I love that you are taking this on!
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

Offline adaleg

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • adaleg has no influence.
  • Respect: 0
  • Referrals: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2014, 06:27:53 PM »
What are you using as a parser? You mentioned you wrote a parser from EasyUO to Lua, are you doing it thought regex?
I normally use this guy https://irony.codeplex.com/ as a DSL creator, I think it can do grammar to grammar parser too!

Cheers 

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2014, 06:33:20 PM »
For this project, I'm only writing the wrapper to bridge the managed to unmanaged world.  My EasyUO parser I wrote some time ago is a combination of regex and brute-force C#.

I'll look into your suggestion though.  I'm always looking for cool ways to make my life better!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Crisis

• Global Moderator
  • Activity:
    3.6%
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.Crisis is a force to reckon with.
  • Scripting well enough to break things!
  • Respect: +206
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 07:58:06 PM »
I am looking forward to trying this out when it is done. I am guessing that it allows you to use euo scripting commands in stealth? I am new to this lol.

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2014, 10:13:27 PM »
I am looking forward to trying this out when it is done. I am guessing that it allows you to use euo scripting commands in stealth? I am new to this lol.

I'll try to make the wrapper object and associated usable data have near EasyUO function.  I'll also publish a group of my helper functions (runebook travel, railing, gump manipution, item evaluation, etc.)  Hopefully with enough basic examples,  it will help people get started.  You'll still be programming in c# though.  But if you are comfortable with EasyUO functionality, then this presentation will be familiar.
Come play RIFT with me!

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2014, 06:01:12 PM »
My home office is coming back online as I get things moved back in after painting, dumpster runs and new furniture building.  It's a very cozy area, so I'll be doing some more testing on the wrapper.  Huzzah!
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Tidus

• Lazy
  • Administrator
  • Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.Tidus is working their way up.
  • Mind Blown
  • Respect: +151
    • View Profile
    • Ultimate Apparel
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2014, 06:58:41 PM »
My home office is coming back online as I get things moved back in after painting, dumpster runs and new furniture building.  It's a very cozy area, so I'll be doing some more testing on the wrapper.  Huzzah!

Did you do that just so that you could do the testing and wrapper?  I had to add an extra monitor to my computer when I got into my programming class.  Doing Java right now.
For those who have fought for it, freedom has a taste the protected will never know ~ Anonymous, Vietnam, 1968

• Administrator
  • Activity:
    0.2%
  • Viper!
    • View Profile
    • ScriptUO
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2014, 07:06:01 PM »
Lol, the house stuff is a diversion and excuse to screw around and not work on the wrapper.  heh
Come play RIFT with me!

Offline Orich

• Activity:
    0%
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Orich has no influence.
  • Respect: +12
  • Referrals: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2014, 06:57:37 PM »
Lol, the house stuff is a diversion and excuse to screw around and not work on the wrapper.  heh

Beware.  I'm pretty sure this is how Rome fell.
Member of the Stealth development team.
Author of Stealth .NET DLL

Tags: